With all the fascination and discussion about kit weight I thought it might be an idea to have a WRT Weigh Off before the start for anyone who fancies it ... The rules and procedure are hopefully very straight forward.
• There will be a stand / balance outside the signing on tipi.
• Bring your loaded bike and any other packs you're riding with to the tipi and weigh them.
• Write your total kit/bike weight on the paper next to the scales.
• Don't cheat, you're only cheating yourself, blah, blah, blah ... and someone might check.
• Someone will win a prize for something.
See, told you it was simple.