The WRT has moved. If you're looking for info, entries or anything else bikepacking related try Bear Bones Bikepacking, the Bear Bones blog or the Bear Bones forum - ta.

Yea, yea, yea, but what is it?

The WRT is a 3 day and perhaps more importantly 2 night ride through and around mid Wales. You'll be expected to be self sufficient, carrying everything you need and sleeping out in or under whatever you think best. It's not elitist, entry is open to anyone who wants to try it. All the money raised by the WRT goes to the Wales Air Ambulance charity ... an organisation I hope you'll never need.

Monday, March 28, 2011

Rideable at last.

Well the orange Inbred is pretty much ready to go. I'm still waiting for the Salsa Anything cages and minimal rack but I'm told they've been dispatched and will arrive shortly. I think it's turned out pretty well all in all. There wasn't a fixed budget but it also wasn't a money no object, fit what you like affair either. Certain things have fallen by the wayside as cheaper alternatives came along and were too good to miss ... fitting Shimano hydraulic discs rather than Avid BB7s is jut one example.





I've set it up with a 2 x 9 drive train as I don't think I'll be missing a big ring (certainly not when it's loaded off road). I had considered going 2 x 10 so I could use a 36t cassette (I know you can get a 12-36 9spd Deore one but it weighs 500g!) but I still don't fully trust 10spd chains even though I have a Carver set up 1 x 10 and it's given me no cause for concern.





The front wheel is fitted with an 18t SS cog so if disaster strikes my gears I'll hopefully be able to keep rolling ... common sense may dictate this changes to a 20t at some point.





First impressions seems pretty good ... pulling wheelies around the yard would indicate size and fit are pretty much spot on, saying that, I've enough bikes to know what suits and what doesn't suit me. One thing to bear in mind is, it's a 29er and I'm a P.O.R.G (Person Of Restricted Growth) lots of people will tell you that you can't ride a 29er when you're 5' 7" ... obviously they've not tried.


No comments:

Post a Comment