The WRT has moved. If you're looking for info, entries or anything else bikepacking related try Bear Bones Bikepacking, the Bear Bones blog or the Bear Bones forum - ta.

Yea, yea, yea, but what is it?

The WRT is a 3 day and perhaps more importantly 2 night ride through and around mid Wales. You'll be expected to be self sufficient, carrying everything you need and sleeping out in or under whatever you think best. It's not elitist, entry is open to anyone who wants to try it. All the money raised by the WRT goes to the Wales Air Ambulance charity ... an organisation I hope you'll never need.

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Stoves ... again.


While in the bright lights of Newtown yesterday I happened to call into the sell everything shop for a quick look around their 'camping' section. I have to say I wasn't expecting to find anything of interest, just the usual selection of family camping stuff ... 3' thick air beds, sleeping bags the size of a cow and tents you'd need an HGV to shift. However, something caught my eye and I came away with a tiny little stove. Even though it says Gelert Blaze PZ Micro on the box it's actually the same stove that Outdoor Designs used to sell under the name Camp3. The only difference is that this cost me £12 and Outdoor Designs ones were £50!
The thing weighs under 90g (for those that are bothered) and the picture should show how big it is. Quality seems good and it even has piezo ignition and fold out titanium pan supports ... very posh. I haven't made a brew with it yet but I'll take it out into the mountains next week and give it a try. If you're in the market for a stove then I reckon you could do much worse than getting hold of one of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment