The WRT has moved. If you're looking for info, entries or anything else bikepacking related try Bear Bones Bikepacking, the Bear Bones blog or the Bear Bones forum - ta.

Yea, yea, yea, but what is it?

The WRT is a 3 day and perhaps more importantly 2 night ride through and around mid Wales. You'll be expected to be self sufficient, carrying everything you need and sleeping out in or under whatever you think best. It's not elitist, entry is open to anyone who wants to try it. All the money raised by the WRT goes to the Wales Air Ambulance charity ... an organisation I hope you'll never need.

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Will it be much longer?



Here's a picture of Taylor taken on last years WRT. I don't think I've ever seen anyone look quite so desperate for a brew, judging from the mist I guess it was taken first thing in the morning so perhaps he can be forgiven for the 1000 yard stare. Anyway looking at Taylor got me thinking about different stoves and just how quickly you can get a brew sorted. As soon as I get chance I'm going to put my anorak on and conduct a little test.
For anyone still with me and conscious ... I'll compare a small gas canister stove, a backpacking petrol stove and a Kelly Kettle and see how long each takes to boil enough water for 2 brews. You'll have to contain your excitement for a few days until I get round to it though and I promise to post pictures of all the burns I sustain.

No comments:

Post a Comment